KooBits Portal Key Features
Note: The Achivements page in the new portal is currently under maintenance. Please visit the existing portal (problemsums.koobits.com) to see your achivements collection.
Note: As we are still revamping the Achivements page in the new portal, do visit the existing portal (problemsums.koobits.com) to see the entirety of your achivements collection.
Quarter 1: 1st January to 31st March
Quarter 2: 1st Apr to 30th June
Quarter 3: 1st Jul to 30th September
Quarter 4: 1st Oct to 31st December
Note: As we are still revamping the Achivements page in the new portal, do visit the existing portal (problemsums.koobits.com) to see your achivements collection.
Earn 250 vision score points from Vision Challenge in a week to unlock the Super Vision achievement.
Earn 100 speed score points from Speed Challenge in a week to unlock the Super Brain achievement.
Earn 100 challenge points in a week to unlock the Super Brain achievement
The red bubble represents the number of times each challenge have been completed on a weekly basis. These points are summed together to obtain the Superhero points.
There are six areas in Brain Games: Attention, Memory, Flexibility, Problem Solving, Speed and Adventure.
- Brain Games opens from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day.
- Maximum play time in a day is 25 minutes; time will start running once you start playing any game and will automatically lock you out after you have hit the 25-minute mark.
- Each game requires 1 KoKo Credit to play.
KooBits Book Club
What is KooBits Leaderboard?
You may appear on different leaderboards based on the Challenge Points (CPs) you have accumulated.
Hero of the Day
Hero of the Day leaderboard is a daily activity in which cumulative challenge points earned by a student within a single day will be counted towards the Hero of the Day leaderboard.
If two students have the same points, the one that achieved the total CPs earlier will be ranked higher.
The student with most points among all schools within a country will enter Hall of Fame.
Termly scoring periods:
Term 1: 4 Jan to 26 Feb 2021
Term 2: 22 Mar to 14 May 2021
Term 3: 28 Jun - 20 Aug 2021
Term 4: 13 Sep - 29 Oct 2021
Each month, each class can earn different Champion Class titles under Achievements.
- CC counts the CPs earned by the top 20 students from a class in a particular month.
- If two classes have the same CPs, the one that achieved earlier will be ranked higher.
Here are the required CPs for different Champion Class titles:
Best Friends Forever
Best Friends Forever (BFF) is a weekly activity.
- You can invite up to 30 friends
- Your group will be named as “[Your Name] & friends”
- The accumulative CPs of the week earned by all your friends in your friends list will be added together and counted towards your group’s overall points
Superhero Leaderboard is a weekly activity exclusive to those with Super Hero titles.
Superheroes can earn points from Super Speed and Super Vision.
Super Score of the Week will combine all the points earned from Super Speed, Super Vision and Challenge Points for the week.
Super Heroes are ranked on the exclusive Superhero Leaderboard based on their weekly Super Score.
Zodiac Race is an annual activity.
Contest Period: 1st May to 31st May
You will be assigned to different zodiac team based on your birthday.
The team with highest CPs will win
Boys vs Girls
Boys vs Girls (BVG) is an annual activity.
Contest Period: 1st June to 30th July
All the boys will form one team and challenge all the girls in another team
The team with highest CPs will win
Team's total score will be hidden during blackout period from 20th July 12 noon to 27th July 12 noon Singapore time. Scores will still be counted during the blackout period, so keep submitting.
Contest Period: 1st August to 30th September
- Wizard School is an inter-school competition.
- Only the top 250 pupils’ CPs will be added to determine the school’s overall points.
- The school with highest CPs will win the competition.
Lion City is an annual activity.
Contest Period: 1st December to 31st December
Choose your team to join. Switching teams is not allowed after selection.
The team with highest CPs will win.
100 KoKo credits will be issued to 1st place winners from each team.
50 KoKo credits will be issued to 2nd & 3rd place winners from each team.
Top 3 from the winning team will be issued certificates.
Accessing Mission for KooBits Premium Users
What is Mission?
Accessing the Mission feature for School & Standard Plan users
Step 1: Click on Mission
- Operating Hours: 6.00 a.m. - 10.00 p.m. Monday to Saturday
- Every day, KooBits will issue 10 new questions in Daily Challenge.
- Earn up to 17 Challenge Points upon the completion of all the questions in Daily Challenge.
- Click on the Difficulty Settings icon to select your difficulty level
- You can select the difficulty of Daily Challenge based on your all-time total CPs earned.
If an answer is submitted wrongly, you can always re-try the question.
- You have unlimited tries.
If the skill of the question has a video tutorial attached , you can view the video tutorial after the wrong submission.
Click on "Show Answer" to see the solution to the question.
However, the question will be considered "Skipped" and no CP will be awarded.
The points that you can earn are as follows:
Sunday Mini Challenge
- Every Sunday, there will be 10 standardised questions accessible from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. local time.
- You earn 2 challenge points (CPs) for every correct answer (max 20 CPs claimable).
- The results will be given on the following Monday, and challenge points can be claimed any day from the following Monday to Friday from 6.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m. local time.
Super Hero Challenge is a set of challenges exclusive to users with the Super Hero title.
Any user who has accumulated 100 Challenge Points (CPs) becomes a Super Hero.
As a Super Hero, you can access the Super Hero Challenge from the main Challenge page to attempt the exclusive Super Hero challenges.
Two types of challenges: Super Speed and Super Vision
Both challenges are accessible daily from 6.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.
Each game can only be attempted once daily
Earn special Super hero points which will be totalled for the Super Score of the Week
Super hero points will be used to determine users' ranking on the exclusive Superhero Leaderboard
Speed Challenge: 1 Super hero points for each question answered correctly
Vision Challenge: 10 Super hero points for each unused life.
Best Friends Forever
Best Friends Forever (BFF) is a weekly activity.
How does it work?
Each user has a unique BFF code
You can send a BFF request using your friend's BFF code.
Choose either to accept or decline received BFF requests
You can invite up to 30 friends
The total CPs for the week earned by all your friends in your friends list will be added together and counted towards your group’s overall points
The BFF group with the most Challenge Points (CPs) will be the best BFF of the week.
Who can assign you individual assignments?
Earning KoKo Credits from Assignments
If you complete your homework assignment with a perfect score (100%), you will earn 5 KoKo Credits*.
- Teacher Assignment, or
- KooBits Assignment, or
- Parent Assignment (min. 5 questions)
How to create personalized assignment for your child
Parents, good news! You can now create personalized assignments for your child as long as he/she has an individual learning plan.
For Premium Users: Go to Practice to learn > Assignment > Create Personalised Assignment
For Plus/Standard Users: Go to Assignment > Create Personalised Assignment
Introducing KoKo Credits
Difference between KoKo Credits and Challenge Points
4 ways to earn KoKo credits
How to earn Challenge Points?
- Earn Challenge Points by completing Daily Challenge, Peer Challenge or Sunday Mini Challenge
- Challenge Points accumulated will be used in the computation of your ranking in the various Leaderboards (Hero of the Day, Top Brain etc)
High Score Report
Proficiency Report is a form of cumulative real-time scoring system
Data is derived from multiple sources ( i.e. Daily Challenge, Mission, Homework, Tests/Assessments).
What is KooQuiz?
- KooQuiz is the most comprehensive library of Maths & Science quizzes.
- KooQuiz is a platformb to Premium Plan users to do Maths & Science papers depending on the plan the user is in.
- There will be Maths papers from P1 to P6 level and Science papers from P3 to P6.
- There is no limit on how many papers a user can attempt. However, a user can only earn the rewards in the form of Koko Credits once per week.
- Once the weekly reward has been claimed, a user can still attempt other papers but would not be able to claim any more credits until the following week.
How can I get KooQuiz?
School users may upgrade to the Premium plan through www.koobits.com/kooquiz.
How many papers are there in KooQuiz?
What rewards can I earn from KooQuiz?
- User can earn Koko Credits by doing the papers. The amount of rewards earned depends on the type of paper attempted and the number of correct answers submitted for the paper.
User can only earn rewards once a week, and once per paper.
User will get a “KoKo Gift Bag” when he/she completes a Maths Revision Paper, which contains a maximum of 5 KoKo Credits per bag, depending on scores.
User will get a “KoKo Gift Box” when he/she completes a Maths / Science Top School Paper, which contains a maximum of 20 KoKo Credits.
There will be 1 new KoKo Gift Bag and 1 new Gift Box per week per user.
Both Gift Bag and Box are issued on Sunday at 6 am, and they will expire next Saturday at 10pm.
What are topics covered in KooBits Science papers?
Life cycles of plants and animals
Cycles in Matter
Reproduction in plants and animals
Living and Non-Living Things (Animals, Plants, Fungi and Bacteria)
Human system (Digestive system)
Plant system (Plant parts and functions)
Plant transport system
Human Respiratory & circulatory systems
Light and shadows
Energy and the Sun, Forms and uses of Energy, Sources of Energy, Photosynthesis
Help with KooBits Portals
Minimum version required to access KooBits learning portal
- Edge v14
- Chrome v42
- Firefox v39
- Opera v29
Internet Explorer (IE) is not supported
What is KooClass?
KooClass is a series of interactive virtual classes to help kids, aged 6-12 years, learn about real-world applications of math topics taught in school.
With KooClass, kids can relate Math to their every-day life, and see examples of how to apply it to the world around them.
• Learn about time by creating a birthday party invite
• Learn about fractions by planning & shopping for a picnic with friends
• Learn about mass by measuring ingredients to bake a cake.
• Learn about lines and shapes by exploring famous monuments around the world.
• Learn about symmetry by designing a quilt
KooClass can also be accessed anytime, anywhere, on-demand, on your schedule.
How long is the duration for each KooClass?
Each KooClass is about 40 mins long, and covers a portion of a math topic (e.g. Fractions, Time etc). In each class, kids watch an educational / documentary-style video, get hands-on practice with an interactive segment (questions, assignments or activities for kids to do) and unlock achievements after completing the class.
How many classes are there in KooClass?
In total, we have 100+ classes, with over 90 hours of educational lessons for kids to be meaningfully engaged with. New classes will be added every week.
How are KooClass classes taught?
Classes are arranged by topics, and each topic has 5-6 classes. The topics are agnostic of a child's current school grade level, which means that if they get interested in a particular topic, they could end up doing all the classes in that topic, and even learn more than what’s required for school.
KooClass is taught by friendly and lovable characters - a fresh way to learn compared to teacher-led zoom classes.
The classes also serve to help kids open their minds to absorb more information, and in this way they retain more knowledge than even in the classroom. 70% retention of knowledge, compared to just 30% in the classroom.
Which levels are KooClass suitable for?
How can I get KooClass?
KooClass is available for Premium Plan users and can be found on the homepage of the student portal. If you are a Standard Plan or School Plan subscriber, you may wish to upgrade to Premium to access KooClass. Simply visit our pricing page (www.koobits.com/plans).
I am an existing Premium user. Do I get KooClass automatically?
Yes! Existing Premium Plan users only need to login to member.koobits.com and this feature will be available.
My child is a School Plan user and I want to upgrade to Premium (and yet still be able to access features in school plan). Can I do so?
Existing School Plan users have the option to upgrade to Premium Plan by paying an upgrade fee. Simply click on 'Upgrade School to Premium' on our plans page under School Plan.
Once upgrade is complete, your child will have the option to toggle between the school and premium account after logging in to member.koobits.com.
My child is a Premium Plan user. When we login, we do not see the KooClass feature. Why is it so?
Your child could be logging in at https://problemsums.koobits.com/. Please log at member.koobits.com.
My child is a Premium Plan user and we are using the new portal (member.koobits.com). However, I can't access to parent assignment feature in the new portal. Why is it so?
We are working hard to include the parent assignment feature in the new portal in the next 1-2 months.
If you are an Android phone user, you can download the KooBits Parent App and access the parent assignment feature. Read more on how to do so here.
However, if you are an iOS user, as the update of our KooBits Parent App is currently under review, you will need to login at https://problemsums.koobits.com/ to access to the parent assignment feature.
I do not have enough KoKo credits to unlock the KooClass lessons
Your child can practice questions in Mission (self-practice) or assignment to get more KoKo credits. Find out more on how to earn KoKo credits here: https://support.koobits.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360040687271-Where-to-earn-KoKo-Credits-
I realise I earned scrolls after attempting questions in KooClass. What are the scrolls for?
Think of it as credits. They represent mastery, and can be used when we launch more cool features in the future. Do stay tuned!